IYF Essay Competition 2020 is a paper essay competition held by IYF (Indonesia Youth Foundation). This competition is a part of many other events that are being held in Indonesia-Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2020. This competition will select 2 groups from each country to represent their country on the second day of Indonesia-Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2020.
Main Theme: How to brand your country in the middle of global crisis?
Terms and Conditions
- Participants are citizens of Indonesia, proven with ID Card or passport.
- Participants are active undergraduate/higher education equivalent students in Indonesia and abroad, proven with student ID Card or other related documents.
- This competition is regarded as a team competition and 1 group consists of 2-3 people.
- The participants must follow the following regristration procedures:
- Filling an online registration form which can be filled in https://intip.in/RegistECIYF
- Follow the Indonesia Youth Foundation Instagram account @indonesiayouthfoundation.
- Download the official IYF Essay Competition 2020 twibbon on link https://intip.in/TwibbonECIYF and upload it along with a photo of the participant’s photo to the participant’s personal Instagram account with caption that has been determined.
- Upload the registration file and the essay in the form of a “PDF” file on https://intip.in/RegistECIYF with the file name format “Indonesia Korea YFF_Name of Team_Institution_Country“, which consists of:
a. ID Card or Passport scan result.
b. Student ID Card scan result.
c. Screenshot proof of the participant having followed the official IYF Instagram account @indonesiayouthfoundation.
d. Screenshot proof of the participant having uploaded the twibbon on their respective personal Instagram account.
e. An essay with a total of 500-750 words.
- Each team is only allowed to submit 1 essay.
- The entry of the competition has to be written by the participant and have never been published or included in other competitions.
- The entry is expected to have academical background and is relevant to the theme.
- The paper has to be written in English.
- Essay is written with a minimun of 500 words and a maximum of 700 words (excluding header and title).
- Any form of plagiarism or cheating will be disqualified and the decision is absolute.
- Any form of late submission from the specified time cannot be tolerated.
- The judges decision is absolute.
- Written on A4 paper
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt
- Margin: Left 4 cm, right 3 cm, top 3 cm, bottom 3 cm
- Justify, spasi 1.5 lines
- Inclusion of references or bibliographies according to APA format.
- Participants register online and send registration files such as ID Card/Passport, student identity card scan result, and essay with the form of PDF via https://intip.in/RegistECIYF.
- Submitting the registration form no later than 1 November 2020 at 23.59 GMT+7.
- After submitting files and filled up the registration form, please immediately contact the committee to confirm via: Whatsapp : +62 853-3126-9953 (Zahro), +62 812-2660-4221 (Hamamur Rizky)
- The assessment of the essay paper is carried out by judges who have been determined by the committee.
- The judges will only determine 2 group from each country to present their paper in Indonesia Korea Friendship Forum.
- The delegate’s paper will be mark based on these criterias:
– The language use (10 Poin)
– The level of urgency of the issues addressed at this time (20 Poin)
– depth of analysis (20 Poin)
– Clarity in expressing ideas (20 Poin)
– The suitability of the data and information used as a writing reference (20 poin)
– Inclusion of references or bibliographies according to APA format. (10 Poin)
- The delegate with the highest overall score will be awarded.
- The judgment that has been given is the decision of the jury and cannot be contested
- Transparency value will be given after a whole series of agenda is completed.
- Registration period & Essay submission: 19 October – 1 November 2020
- Essay announcement (10 Group) : 11 November 2020
- Interview : 12 November 2020
- Selected presenter announcement (2 groups) : 14 November 2020
- Technical meeting : 16 November 2020
- Grand Seminar : 21 November 2020
- Presentation and Award : 22 November 2020
Awards will be announced in the closing ceremony
- Each delegate will get an e-certificate of participation in Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum
- Delegates with the predicate of best presenter, best paper, and best team will get an awards such as placate and e-certificate.
- Each delegates will have a chance to be the representative in the Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum