IKYFF Essay Competition 2021 is a paper essay competition held by Indonesia Youth Foundation (IYF). This competition is held along with many other events in support of the Indonesia-Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2021. This competition will select 3 individualis from each country to represent their country at the Indonesia-Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2021.
Democracy and Climate Change for The Future
- The Role of International Cooperation in Addressing Climate Change and Democracy Crisis
- The Role of Civil Society & Youth Participation in Addressing Climate Change and Democracy Crisis
- The Role of Public Private (Gov, Comp, etc) Partnership in Addressing Climate Change and Democracy Crisis
Terms and Conditions
- Age between 18-30 years old
- Participants are citizens of Indonesia, proven with ID Card or passport.
- This competition is regarded as an individual competition.
- The participants must follow the following registration procedures:
- Filling an online registration form which can be filled in https://bit.ly/2IKYFF
- Follow the Indonesia Youth Foundation Instagram account @indonesiayouthfoundation.
- Tag at least 3 friends on the official Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2021 post on Indonesia Youth Foundation Instagram and share the post to Instagram Story. All proof must be attached in the registration form
- Upload the registration file and the essay in the form of a “PDF” file on https://bit.ly/2IKYFF with the file name format “IKYFF2021_Name_Institution“, which consists of:
- ID Card or Passport scan result.
- Screenshot proof of the participant having followed the official IYF Instagram account @indonesiayouthfoundation.
- Screenshot proof of the participant Tag at least 3 friends on the official Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum 2021 post on Indonesia Youth Foundation Instagram and share the post to Instagram Story. All proof must be attached in the registration form.
- An essay with a total of 500-750 words with the following requirements:
- Each individual is only allowed to submit 1 essay.
- The paper has to be written in English.
- The entry of the competition has to be written by the participant and has never been published or included in other competitions.
- The entry will be an academic level paper which should have relevant sources in support of its arguments
- The entry must be fully referenced in Chicago format with in text references and a bibliography
- Essay is written with a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 750 words (excluding header and title, and bibliography).
- Any form of plagiarism or cheating will be disqualified and the decision is absolute.
- Any form of late submission from the specified time cannot be tolerated.
- The judges decision is absolute.
- Chicago referencing format
- Written on A4 paper
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 pt
- Margin: Left 4 cm, right 3 cm, top 3 cm, bottom 3 cm
- Justify, space 1.5 lines
- Inclusion of references or bibliographies according to Chicago format
- Participants register online and send registration files such as ID Card/Passport, student identity card scan result, and essay with the form of PDF via https://bit.ly/2IKYFF
- Submitting the registration form no later than 7 November 2021 at 23.59 GMT+7.
- After submitting files and filled up the registration form, please immediately contact the committee to confirm via: Whatsapp : Malik Dji +6282293311256 (WhatsApp Only) or Akbar +905522718032 (WhatsApp Only)
- The assessment of the essay paper is carried out by judges who have been determined by the committee.
- The judges will only determine 3 persons from each country to present their paper in the Indonesia Korea Friendship Forum.
- The delegate’s paper will be mark based on these criterias:
- The use of language(10 Points)
- The level of urgency of the issues addressed at this time (20 Points)
- Depth of analysis (20 Points)
- Clarity in expressing ideas (20 Points)
- The suitability of the data and information used as a writing reference (20 points)
- Inclusion of references or bibliographies according to Chicago format. (10 Points)
- The delegate with the highest overall score will be awarded.
- The judgment that has been given is the decision of the jury and cannot be contested
- Transparency value will be given after a whole series of agenda is completed.
- Registration period & Essay submission: 17 October – 7 November 2021
- Essay announcement: 10 November 2021
- Interview: 13 November 2021
- Selected presenter announcement (3 persons): 15 November 2021
- Technical meeting: 17 November 2021
- Presentation and Award: 20 November 2021
Awards will be announced in the closing ceremony
- Each delegate will get an e-certificate of participation in Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum
- Delegates with the predicate of best presenter and best paper will get awards such as e-certificate and merchandise.
- Each delegates will have a chance to be the representative in the Indonesia Korea Youth Friendship Forum