“The Impacts of COVID-19 Pandemic On The Progress Of Public Diplomacy Between Countries”
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected international relations and even caused diplomatic tensions, leading to the United Nations Security Council resolution demanding a global ceasefire. Some scholars have argued that the pandemic necessitates a significant rethinking of existing approaches to international relations, with a greater focus on issues such as health diplomacy, the politics of crisis, and border politics.
Diplomacy and multilateral systems are no exception. Against this backdrop, diplomats face multiple challenges, which encompass a broad range of elements, including access to adequate technology, the re-shaping of communication protocols, and the need to continue their work in virtual negotiation settings.
The impossibility to meet face to face, given the confinement, social-distancing, and other sanitary measures, has demanded an overnight transformation of the diplomatic business as we know it. Therefore, we would like to focus our presentation theme on the progression of Public Diplomacy between countries.
The event’s theme will bring us to discuss the significant and minor impact of covid-19 on public diplomacy between nations and how a country deals with the 5.0 society era in the middle of the covid-19 pandemic.
“The Impact of COVID-19 on the Progress of Public Diplomacy between Nations”
- What is the major and minor impact of covid-19 on public diplomacy between countries?
- How is public diplomacy carried out in developed and developing nations amid global crises?
- How does a country currently transitioning into the 5.0 society era manage its progress in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic?
DATE AND PLACE
Date : Saturday, 27th of March 2021
Place : Zoom Meeting
- Increasing the insights for future generations
- Opening horizons of knowledge about various problems and solutions
- Opening a discussion forum on how the country can build its good image again amid and after COVID-19 through economic and tourism
- Spreading Awareness of the importance of youth so that they can take part in building the nation
Anak Agung Mia Intentilia, S.IP., MA
Head of ASEAN and International Studies Centre Universitas Pendidikan Nasional
Co-Founder Of Surya Intentilia Learning Center
Radityo Dharmaputra, S.Hub.Int., M.Hub.Int., RCEES IntM., MA., PhD (cand.)
Politics and International Relations, Tartu University, Tartu, Estonia,
Former President of PPI Estonia
President Of Global Action Italy
G7 Head Delegate For The Youth Summit 2020
- Increasing insight and knowledge related to public diplomacy issues
- Networking opportunities with experts speakers
- Opportunity to convey thoughts, views, and ideas to the wider community
- Opportunity to incorporate the current situation into a wider prospect and from various points of views (economy, technology, diplomacy, etc.)
- Each participants will get an e-certificate of participation in the International Youth Forum on Public Diplomacy Issues
To participate in this forum, make sure to do the following requirements:
- Follow our Instagram at @indonesiayouthfoundation
- Share the poster (https://www.instagram.com/p/CL6pQ-Dn0aw/?igshid=1bxhwrl1cf42) on your Instagram story or social media group
- Tag 3 of your friends on the comment section of the post
- Fill out and submit the registration form no later than March 25, 2021