In general, education is the process of changing the attitudes and behaviors of a person or group of people to mature humans through teaching and training efforts. As stated by the father of Indonesian education Ki Hadjar Dewantara that being civilized is the purpose and purpose of education. With ethics, man can stand as a free man who can rule or rule himself and even the State. According to the path, education is classified into 3 parts, namely formal education, non-formal education, and informal education. Formal education includes primary, secondary, and higher education. Nonformal education is a complement to formal education that serves to develop self-potential in the form of knowledge, skills, and professional personality and Informal Education is an independent learning activity within the family and surrounding environment.
The welfare and prosperity of the nation depend on the education received by the community, therefore our education world always focuses on five specific things, namely continuous improvement, an effort to achieve the quality standards set. Second, quality assurance is an effort to set standards for various things, such as curriculum, evaluation (examination), learning process, and others. The three units of education must be agents of cultural change efforts in the formation of organizational culture. The fourth continues to make organizational changes considering that educational institutions have shifted to semi-companies. The last one is keeping close to the customer. But unfortunately from 17,000 islands, 514 districts/cities in Indonesia have not been able to receive a good quality education, especially in remote areas while the educational progress expected by the president of the Republic of Indonesia is the leveling of education to all corners of the country and superior quality of learners. Here are 5 Ways to Equalize Education in Indonesia:
1. Digitalization of Schools
This modern life is sophisticated with the presence of a digital system of continuous ease and the difficulty is reduced all activities are easier to do as well as in the world of education. Digitalization of schools is one of the efforts to facilitate the learning process by utilizing digital technology such as the provision of electronic books, learning videos, problem banks, and other educational content that can be accessed online and offline such as the Rumah Belajar platform and KIPIN (KIos PINtar) Classroom.
2. Digital Literacy Trainings
Minister of Communication and information technology, Johnny G. Plate at a press conference, reminded me that the development of digital transformation infrastructure alone is not enough. But it must also be supported by the willingness of adequate digital talent. Therefore, the minister of Communication and information technology initiated various digital training to create a digital talented generation in Indonesia. This training is called the National Movement of Digital Literacy which is grouped into three levels, namely the general public, young people with high school and undergraduate education. In this movement, participants will get training in Digital skills, Digital ethics, Digital safety, and Digital Culture.
3. Program Learning Through Television and Radio
Television and radio are the main alternatives because they can reach all regions of Indonesia. The Minister of education, culture, research, and technology provides home learning programs through television and radio channels even though there are no facilities and internet access learners can get learning.
4. Zoning of New Learners Admission
The zoning system is one of the ministry’s policies for equitable access and quality to national education services. With this everyone can receive a good education. “This is the core of the educational ecosystem. Our job is to build a good educational environment, where there is a positive relationship between schools, communities, and families by the philosophy of our father of education, Ki Hadjar Dewantar.” Minister of education, culture, research, and technology said.
5. Increase In The Quantity And Quality of Teachers
The lack of educators in the region is directly proportional to the quality of educators, the central government will serve and assist the local government in the equalization of educators because high teacher ability is needed throughout Indonesia without exception and the basis in the success and advancement of education is educators.
Writer: Pipih Nurhasanah
- Taruna, Tukiman J.C. (2019). Siklus Masalah Pendidikan(Indonesia). Jakarta, Penerbit Buku Kompas.
- Pemerintah Indonesia. 2003. Undang-Undang No 20 tentang Sistem Pendidikan Nasional.
- Pengelola Web Kemdikbud, (2021). Penggunaan Teknologi Tepat Sasaran Jadi Kunci Pemerataan dan Peningkatan Kualitas Pendidikan. https://www.kemdikbud.go.id/main/blog/2021/05/penggunaan-teknologi-tepat-sasaran-jadi-kunci-pemerataan-dan-peningkatan-kualitas-pendidikan
- (2020). Nadiem: Tanpa Listrik-Internet Pemerataan Pendidikan Sulit. https://www.cnnindonesia.com/nasional/20200506154249-20-500765/nadiem-tanpa-listrik-internet-spemerataan-pendidikan-sulit
- Tim Komunikasi Pemerisntah Kemenkominfo dan Biro Komunikasi dan Layanan Masyarakat Kemendikbud. (2018). Semua Bisa Sekolah! Zonasi untuk pemerataan yang Berkualitas. https://kominfo.go.id/content/detail/13689/semua-bisa-sekolah-zonasi-untuk-pemerataan-yang-berkualitas/0/artikel_gpr
- Presiden, Sekretariat. “ Podcast Hardiknas 2021 Presiden Jokowi dan Mas Mentri Nadiem Makarim, 2 Mei 2021.” Youtube. https://youtu.be/36Q3-BQli4A